ระยะเวลา : 2 วัน ราคา : 20,000 บาท ราคาพิเศษคอร์สยอดนิยม
The Symantec Backup Exec 2012: Administration course is designed for the data protection professional tasked with backing up and restoring critical data. This two-day, Instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to back up and restore data, configure storage devices, manage media, and maintain the Backup Exec database
อาจารย์ผู้สอน : Supsit Soysing (AUY)
Students also learn how to configure and work with various Backup Exec Agents, which protect applications like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL. The course also covers the Remote Agent for Linux and UNIX Servers, Agent for Active Directory, Virtual Environment Agents, and Backup Exec Private Cloud Services.
In addition, students learn how to configure and work with Backup Exec Options, such as the Deduplication option and the Archiving Option.
The new features and enhancements introduced in Backup Exec 2012 are also discussed in this course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Describe the basic functions of Backup Exec 2012.
• Manage devices and media used by Backup Exec.
• Run basic backup jobs.
• Explain the new backup and restore workflows.
• Restore backed-up data.
• Tune device performance and maintain the Backup Exec database.
• Protect remote servers using the appropriate Remote Agent.
• Install, configure, and work with the following Backup Exec Options:
o Deduplication Option
o Archiving Options
• Use Backup Exec to protect databases and applications.
• Install, configure, and work with the following Backup Exec Agents:
o Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
o Agent for Microsoft Exchange
o Agent for Microsoft SharePoint
o Agent for VMware
o Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V
o Agent for Active Directory
• Remote Agent for Linux and UNIX Servers
• List the supported virtual conversion configurations.
• Create a custom Simplified Disaster Recovery SDR disk.
• Use Simplified Disaster Recovery SDR for disaster recovery.
• List the types of Backup Exec private cloud services offerings.
• List the new features and enhancements made to Backup Exec 2012.
• List the End of Life Items.
Who Should Attend
This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, consultants, network administrators, backup administrators, backup operators, and others who are responsible for installing, configuring, and administering Backup Exec 2012.
You must have working knowledge of administration and configuration of the Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 platforms. You must also have experience configuring server software and hardware. Knowledge of domain security and experience with Active Directory and Windows Server2008 are recommended.
Knowledge of the following applications is beneficial, but not required:
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft Exchange Server
• Symantec Enterprise Vault
• Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server
• Microsoft Hyper-V
• VMware virtual infrastructure
This course includes practical exercises that enable you to test your new skills and begin to transfer them to your working environment. Additionally, assessment items at the end of each lesson test your knowledge and comprehension of the information provided.
Lesson 1: Backup Exec Fundamentals
• Data backup basics
• Symantec’s backup solution offerings
• Backup Exec 2012 essentials
• Backup Exec architecture
• Installing the managed Backup Exec server
• Launching Backup Exec 2012
• Updating Backup Exec 2012
• Upgrading to Backup Exec 2012
Lesson 2: Devices and Media
• Devices and media
• Configuring storage devices
• Managing devices
• Managing media
• Media catalogs
Lesson 3: Backing Up Data
• Backup job basics
• Configuring backup jobs
• Running backup jobs
• Backup and Restore view: Managing servers, backups, and jobs
• GRT- enabled backups
• Configuring Backup Exec to determine if a file is backed up
• System state backup
Lesson 4: Restoring Data
• Restore job basics
• Running restores jobs
Lesson 5: Performance Tuning and Database Maintenance
• Device management
• Backup Exec database
Lesson 6: Virtual Machine Conversion
• Conversion to virtual machines fundamentals
• Supported virtual conversion configurations
• Virtual conversion workflows
Lesson7: Simplified Disaster Recovery
• Simplified Disaster Recovery fundamentals
• What’s new in SDR
• Simplified Disaster Recovery: Backup
• Simplified Disaster Recovery: Server restore workflow
• Creating a custom SDR disk
• Using SDR for disaster recovery
Appendix A: What is New in Backup Exec 2012
• Backup Exec 2012: Core product enhancements
• Backup Exec 2012 Agents: New features and enhancements
• Backup Exec 2012 options: New features and enhancements
Lesson 1: Remote Agents
• Agent for Windows
• Remote Agent for Linux and UNIX Servers (RALUS)
• Agent for Microsoft Active Directory
Lesson 2: Agent for Applications and Databases
• Agent for Applications and Databases fundamentals
• Installing Database Agents
• Supported applications and databases
Lesson 3: Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
• Microsoft SQL Server fundamentals
• Agent for Microsoft SQL Server basics
• Backing up Microsoft SQL Server
• Restoring a Microsoft SQL Server database
Lesson 4: Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
• Microsoft Exchange Server basics
• Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server fundamentals
• Backup Exec 2012 support for Exchange 2010
• Backing up Exchange
• Restoring Exchange
Lesson 5: Agent for SharePoint Server
• SharePoint agent overview
• Backing up SharePoint
• Restoring SharePoint
Lesson 6: Virtual Environment Agents
• Virtualization technologies
• Using the Agent for VMware
• Using the Agent for Microsoft Hyper-V
Lesson 7: Archiving Options for Backup Exec 2012
• Introduction to the Archiving Option
• Installing the Archiving Option
• Archiving Microsoft Exchange mailboxes
• Archiving the File System
• Creating an archive job
• Restoring data from archives
• Protecting Archiving Option components
Lesson 8: Deduplication Option
• Data deduplication and Open Storage Technology: Fundamentals
• Backup Exec support for deduplication
• Installing the Deduplication Option
• Configuring the Deduplication Option
• Performing data deduplication